To process reservations in a timely manner according to the hotel standards. Answers reservations inquiries (calls, mails & faxes) in a friendly and courteous manner according to the script set by the department. Help colleagues in the department to achieve the overall objectives and financial target. Ensure proper filing is done on daily basis.
- Answers all reservations telephone calls and e-mails in a friendly manner, using clear English communication.
- When processing e-mails or listening to callers, ensures a clear understanding of their inquiries and requests.
- Promptly provides accurate information regarding availability of accommodations and other requested information.
- Assists other departments such as Sales, Meetings and Conventions and Front Office with reservation related questions.
- Processes all group contracts from the Sales Department.
- Obtains data from various sources, including but not limited to faxes, electronic messages and handwritten lists.
- Enters all group blocks into reservations computer system and verifies correctness of data entered against the data received.
- Follows up with Sales Department regarding all questions that stem from the groups. Monitors group blocks after they have been entered into the computer system.
- Maintains suite reservation request process and inventory controls for all suites and other room accommodations, as needed, to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Ensures that the filing system is maintained on daily basis
- Maintains a clean work place during and at the end of the working hours
- Adheres to the hotel grooming, safety and security procedures
- Employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Assists office in any other administrative duties as needed.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Attends trainings and meeting as required.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to access read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with both internal and external customers
- Possess high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Good listening skills
- Empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Computer literate
- Ability of inputting and extracting data from Hotel systems
- Quality oriented
- Customer focus
- Time consciousness & sense of urgency
- Team player and builder
- Outgoing person with a sense of humor
- Willing to learn and adapt
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Prior Reservations, Front Office or travel industry experience preferred.
Minimum of 6 months in a similar position