- Supporting the Chief Commercial Manager in implementing the bank’s Regional Expansion strategy. Coordinate particularly with the Operations Teams and other related parties to ensure the Bank’s Regional Expansion plans and targets are achieved. Support Regional Managers in developing, reviewing, and implementing Regional Expansion templates, taking into consideration regulatory and legal compliances as required.
- Develop training and coaching plans in liaison with AMfB HR for Regional Managers and/or Branch managers and implement by providing on the job training, coaching, and mentoring for all new Regional Managers and/or new Branch managers of the bank leading to efficient and effective management of these specific Regions branches across the bank. He/she will provide feedback to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) regarding the performance of these Regional Managers and/or Branch managers. Support the CCO in ensuring that all acting and incumbent Regional and/or Branch managers reach the required performance level within the first 6 month probation period.
- Support the Regional Managers in ensuring that the Bank’s Policies and Procedures are adhered to and providing recommendations for improvement / review of key policies and procedures. Work with Regional Control Teams to ensure appropriate credit methodology audits are conducted and shared with Head Office and all other stakeholders.
- Support the Regional Managers in achieving growth targets and support them in developing strategies to meet these targets as appropriate. Support the marketing and product managers in the implementation of new and revised products and processes, working with the Product development and Channels Teams, ensuring that the various bank’s products and services are appropriately delivered and monitored including changes as required. Monitoring implementation of deposit mobilization, credit products delivery, channels uptake and usage and loan recovery.
- Other: Participate in Commercial department management meetings and any other activities that may be required by the Bank to support the National Expansion strategy.
- Academic Bachelors degree in economics or sciences or a related field. Masters or MBA is preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 5-8 years of it serving in a senior managerial and supervisory role in charge of regional branch expansion and business growth and supervision of Regional Managers or Branch Managers in a Microfinance organisation. Prior experience at least assistant manager level in a reputable Microfinance institution is a prerequisite Previous experience in the design and delivery of financial products and services for the MSME sector.
- Previous experience in training of trainers and business planning.
- Knowledge of West Africa and ability to work in Nigerian setting would be an advantage.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and risks across operations boundaries in regions, ability to co-ordinate activities among teams across regions, ability to track product and market trends across regions, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, and strong leadership skills with proven ability to motivate, mentor, and lead a team of senior professionals.
- Excellent marketing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Languages: English fluency.
- The Incumbent must be willing to live in Nigeria for the duration of the contract.
- Ability to operate with a minimum of on-site supervision.