Job Ref: 25801BR
- Provide expertise in the design, preparation, implementation and management of roads and transport engineering projects in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- Prepare Operational Procedures for engineering design and construction activities
- Present to international donor representatives and national government counterparts for review
- Provide weekly and Monthly progress reports covering all activities
- You will be an experienced International Development consultant with proven technical skills in the above areas gained form implementing projects in country funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, WB.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in international development
- Must have held Project Manager or Team Leader role on at least 2 previous international donor funded projects
- Rural Roads experience a significant advantage
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering (or a BSc degree with relevant experience)
- At least 8 years' experience in a developing country environment implementing relevant donor-funded programmes
- Field experience in implementing construction projects and/or engineering training / capacity building programmes in at least 2 countries
- Provide support to decision-making, capacity building and learning
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- Are fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial.