Reporting into the Resort General Manager and EAM of Food & Beverage, you will be responsible for leading a team of more than 450 Chefs and an extensive Back of House team. You will be ultimately responsible for the overall resort food costs and will oversee the execution of the annual OS&E orders for the resort in conjunction with Operations and Stewarding. You will assist the EAM in the operation and administration of the Food & Beverage operation and will have overall responsibility in the absence of the EAM in planning, organising, and managing all activities within the Food preparation areas of Madinat Jumeirah.
- Assisting in the preparation of the department budget
- Ensuring outlets operational budget is in line and costs are strictly controlled, maximising profitability.
- Assisting each Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef to run their kitchens at an acceptable food cost.
- Developing and implementing innovation throughout the kitchens.
- Formulating and continually upgrading Departmental SOP Manuals; detailing standards of performance, policies and procedures pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlets front and back of house, in accordance with Madinat Jumeirah policies & Municipality requirements.
- Assisting in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent high quality in food production throughout the resort, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaising with the Purchasing department in order to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaising with the Back of the House Managers to ensure an adequate supply of equipment and to establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all Food & Beverage Production areas.
- Liaising with Executive Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs in order to ensure the highest standard of food quality, efficient profitability and appealing/at times creative presentation.
- Liaising with Engineering in order to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance of all equipment and work areas.
- Meeting and interacting with representatives of the local community and potential guests.
- Monitoring food standards in each property within the resort.
- Making recommendations to Management for modernisation of equipment, production methods and presentation in order to improve guest satisfaction resort wide.
- Communicating regularly with the Executive Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs in order to keep them informed of policies and procedures, operational issues from other departments which might impact their work, future plans for improvement and any guest comments.
- Ensuring that all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention are strictly followed by all colleagues.
- Actively promote the consideration and implementation of creative and innovative ideas throughout the resort in order to drive excellence in both product and service.
- Ensuring customer requirements are determined and met (understanding that Madinat Jumeirah caters to an extremely diverse mix of nationalities).
- Identifying market needs and trends in terms of food for hotel guests and the local market.
- Monitoring and analysing the menus and products of competitive restaurants and banqueting departments.
- Assisting with the development and creation of new concepts, service systems and dining options.
- Planning and implementing effective food promotions.
- Spearhead key projects on behalf of the company as and when requested.
You will ideally possess a Diploma or Equivalent in catering/Hotel Management.
It is essential that you are able to demonstrate at least 6 years experience as an Executive Chef in a luxury five star hotel and 12 years of international experience with strong experience of running large multi-outlet venues.
You must be strong in operating consistent, innovative Restaurant Concepts and multiple large size events.
We are seeking someone who has excellent financial and business acumen, strategic thinking, creativity and innovation and experience of developing Food & Beverage concepts
You will have a very strong command of the English language (verbal and written).
Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office.