Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
Planning and coordinating menus.
As a restaurant manager you’ll need to:
- take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant;
- analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability;
- organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes;
- prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales;
- create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development;
- set budgets or agree them with senior management;
- plan and coordinate menus;
- coordinate the operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts;
- recruit, train, manage and motivate staff;
- respond to customer queries and complaints;
- meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about menu and wine choices;
- maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
- check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash.
A degree or HND is not necessarily required for entry into a management role, as it is possible to work your way up.
The sector is open to candidates with a combination of practical experience, strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of business.
However, a degree or HND is increasingly required for entry to a formal recruitment scheme
Although your degree/HND subject can certainly help towards gaining a position, relevant practical work experience in a customer service environment is often viewed as being more important than formal qualifications.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Qualified Applicants should apply using any of the following procedures.
1. Comment your CV or Resume to the comment box.
2. Send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
3. Send your name, contact number, qualifications and post applying for to the message box or the Phone number displayed in this advert.
4. Upload your CV directly and click apply.
You are allowed to call the Admin Officer at the number given from 9AM - 6PM MON – SAT ONLY.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted