Restaurant Manager serves as a resourceful Officer, responsible for meeting all restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. S/he also ensures efficient restaurant operation; maintains high productivity of both human and products quality, and customer-service standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the counters/supply & return.
- Duties: set the menu, make new specialties to be approved by CP before launching them and collate the cost.
- Prepare the garnish and set a design for every drink.
- Makes inventory twice a week and if possible once a week.
- Review the established recipes and propose to CP new recipes
- Work as sales official in the event the lunching is delayed.
- Manage the waiters and educate them on current trends and practices in the industry.
- Follow-up and supervise the decorations and furnishing of the restaurant areas.
- Manage irate customers in a professional manner.
- Liaise with the Counter Manager
- Responsible for recommending of other products that can give the same taste for the drinks but with cheaper costs.
- Calculation of the drink cost and submission to CP and Control Department for review and discussion
- Carry out regular survey of the cost of product and drinks, and so on in the market as well as other restaurants and private guest houses.
- Managing the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Supervising catering (food and beverage provisions) at functions and events.
- Planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department on all HR related matters.
- Any other supervisory services and other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Culinary School Diploma or B.Sc. in Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Extensive food and wine knowledge.
Competences and Skills required.
- Excellent Communication skills, written and verbal
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Team Management skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office suite
- Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.