To develop and lead a high performance team; the position will manage an independent standalone restaurant with the aim to exceed agreed performance objectives. Accountable to deliver service excellence, maintain and enhance brand standards and position the restaurant as a preferred destination within the competitive set and as per the concept statement.
- Inspire a first class team to deliver excellence, consistency, quality and guest experience.
- Develop & grow a first class family tree.
- Maintain standards to ensure that the customer experience is efficient, effective and hospitable. The Restaurant GM has overall responsibility of all aspects of customer service, front and back of house.
- As the most senior brand ambassador the Restaurant GM must be fully versed in brand standards and ensure that all colleagues are knowledgeable and maintain these standards.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for ensuring that all monies are safe guarded at all times and that all paper work is completed in accordance with company policy.
- Expected to sign off and approve any orders. To ensure that all orders are in line with the budget and stock requirements. The RGM must ensure that colleagues who are authorized to place orders have attained and retained the correct procedures.
- Completes all forecasting for daily, weekly and monthly ¼ in advance for both revenue and products. Drives the use of these tools to maintain growth.
- Ensures that all rosters are in line with budget and business requirements and completed in time.
- Ensures that all maintenance issues are rectified as soon as possible by taking responsibility for any actions and quotes required.
- Fully supports the Head Chef in managing the kitchen team and operation.
- The Restaurant GM must be fully conversant with the local laws and customs regarding the serving of alcohol and in particular the variations regarding the license under which his restaurant operates. He must also ensure that all colleagues under the RGM's leadership are aware of these laws and license requirements and practice responsible service of alcohol.
- The Restaurant GM will lead the team in food tasting, cocktail and wine list development and any other matters relating to the food and beverage offer. He / she will be tasked to ensure that the food and beverage offer maintains the brand standard and promise.
- Manage HR KPI dashboard, relationship, turnover, colleague satisfaction, continue improvement of grades.
- As part of maintaining customer standards the Restaurant GM must ensure that all colleagues have attained and retained the correct knowledge required of their station by means of regular assessments, appraisals and on-going training.
- The Restaurant GM works closely with the HR Department at all times. Is fully involved with the recruitment process; actively scouting for talent and finding contacts to build talent pools.
- Ensures all probationary and appraisals are conducted correctly and in time and all correct paper work submitted.
- Supports and promotes a culture of engagement at all times. Respects all colleagues and actively tries to build a team culture.
- Lives the Hallmarks and works by the Guiding Principles ensuring the SBU "stays different"
- Fully understands and lives the brand promise.
- Controls the brand, pricing etc.
- Fully responsible and accountable for ensuring that the whole outlet including the kitchen operates in accordance to local health and hygiene legislations.
You should ideally hold an internationally recognized Degree or Diploma or Hospitality structured training.
A minimum of 2 years' experience in a General Management role within a stand-alone/branded restaurant is ideal.
As well as the technical and financial skills, a detailed knowledge of food and beverage is essential for this role as well as a proven track record in launching new concepts and promotions, training and developing a multicultural work force.
It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (verbal and written) and Arabic language.