An exciting role has arisen for a highly skilled and motivated General Manager at our signature Steakhouse Restaurant, Rib Room at Jumeirah Emirates Towers to develop and lead a high performance team; the position manages an independent stand-alone restaurant with the aim to exceed agreed performance objectives. Accountable to deliver service excellence, maintains and enhance brand standards and positions the restaurant as a preferred destination within the competitive set and as per the concept statement.
Your duties will include:
- Inspire a first class team to deliver excellence, consistency, quality and guest experience.
- Maintain standards to ensure that the customer experience is efficient, effective and hospitable. The Restaurant GM has overall responsibility of all aspects of customer service, front and back of house.
- Must ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly paperwork is completed and filed/forwarded correctly. Must ensure that all colleagues have attained and retained the correct knowledge to complete the paperwork required for their station.
- Is fully responsible and accountable for ensuring that all monies are safe guarded at all times and that all paper work is completed in accordance with company policy.
- Expected to sign off and approve any orders. To ensure that all orders are in line with the budget and stock requirements. The Restaurant General Manager must ensure that colleagues who are authorized to place orders have attained and retained the correct procedures.
- Completes all forecasting for daily, weekly and monthly ¼ in advance for both revenue and products. Drives the use of these tools to maintain growth.
- Ensures that all rosters are in line with budget and business requirements and completed in time.
- Ensures that all maintenance issues are rectified as soon as possible by taking responsibility for any actions and quotes required.
- Fully supports the Head Chef in managing the kitchen team and operation.
- The Restaurant GM must be fully conversant with the local laws and customs regarding the serving of alcohol and in particular the variations regarding the license under which his restaurant operates. He must also ensure that all colleagues under the Restaurant General Manager's leadership are aware of these laws and license requirements and practice responsible service of alcohol.
- Lead the team in food tasting, cocktail and wine list development and any other matters relating to the food and beverage offer. He / she will be tasked to ensure that the food and beverage offer maintains the brand standard and promise.
- Regularly sets targets and ensure the team are capable and incentivized to achieve these targets.
- Ensures that all complaints are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner. Communicates any issues immediately to line reports.
- Manage HR KPI dashboard, relationship, turnover, colleague satisfaction, continue improvement of grades.
- Ensure that all colleagues have attained and retained the correct knowledge required of their station by means of regular assessments, appraisals and on-going training.
- Ensures that all vacation planning is completed, updated and in line with business requirements. Right people; right place/time.
- Works closely with the HR Department at all times. Is fully involved with the recruitment process; actively scouting for talent and finding contacts to build talent pools.
- Ensures all probationary and appraisals are conducted correctly and in time and all correct paper work submitted.
- The GM must be fully conversant with the wage costs and margins of flexibility within the team under his / her leadership. The GM must monitor and control these costs at all times.
- Supports and promotes a culture of engagement at all times. Respects all colleagues and actively tries to build a team culture.
- Responsible for all H&S in the restaurant. He / she must ensure that all H&S guidelines are maintained and regular audits on H&S and Fire Safety are in place, that all recommendations put forward by said audits are acted on in a timely manner and that all staff are aware and trained in their individual responsibilities.
- Is fully responsible and accountable for ensuring that the whole outlet including the kitchen operates in accordance to local health and hygiene legislations.
In order to be considered for this role you should hold a recognised hotel Degree and at least 2 years experience working in a General Management role with stand alone/branded restaurants with a proven track record in working on your way up to your current position.
You must be able to interact with all level of colleagues, entry level to senior management, leads by example with strong influencing skills.
It is also essential that you have excellent technical and financial skills as well as a good command of the English language (verbal and written). Fluency in second language other than English is desirable. You will also have an experience of working in a multicultural environment as well as being IT literate.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, complimentary use of Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.