- The Results Measurement Specialist will support the Results Measurement team on research, analyses and reporting. The incumbent will commission initiatives with contract agents, ensuring proper use of research fools and methods, and assist with research design and analyses.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that evidence of background research, analysis for markets and assumptions exist, and are used in a relevant manner,
- Support market teams in developing measurement plans for markets which follow good research practices with documented outcomes,
- Advise the Intervention Managers on planning, projecting, identifying, quantifying and verifying milestones and targets,
- Ensure that proper documentation is maintained and updated regularly for specific markets in relation to the intervention guides, market strategy papers, and impact assessment reports,
- All monitoring and impact assessment is carried out in a manner that allows gender disaggregation.
- Provide feedback on various reports and data analyses done from various studies to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to overall programme reports to the donor,
- Support specific research initiatives and consequently implement RM strategies for specific themes such as poverty, gender, climate and environment, etc. as required,
- Provide weekly updates and plans to the RM Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree or similar qualification in Statistics, Economics or any other social science
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing research projects
- Experience in business development and project management
- Experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments for monitoring programmes
- Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel and any other data analysis tool
- Previous experience using the M4P approach would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the institutions and organizations and/or businesses which provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria
- Experience or knowledge of northern Nigerian agricultural markets