The Results, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will have to take overall charge of steering and providing advice and oversight of the Results, Monitoring & Evaluation activities of the programme. Specific activities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure the development, evolution and recording of results against the M4D logframe focusing on the identification of measurable indicators and targets and milestones, the use of appropriate data sources, the recording of accurate baselines, and results.
- Advise on programme adaptation in relation to learning.Ensure the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Learning (MEL) Strategy and Framework.
- Also lead on periodic reviews /revisions of the MEL Strategy and Framework.
- Development of annual M&E costed workplans (including accompanying narrative), and ensuring a high degree of accuracy in forecasting
- Play a lead role in preparing for Annual Reviews, external evaluation and lesson learning.
- Periodic maintenance and updating of the M&E database at state and national levels.
- Providing necessary support (including documentation) to the external Independent Evaluation Manager.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor and state teams to develop key lessons, case studies, success stories and learning events as required for reporting and information dissemination to stakeholders
- Provision of capacity building and mentoring support for M4D programme staff and partners.
- Provide the necessary monitoring, evaluation and learning support required across programme outputs 1 to 5, besides at outcome level
- Work in collaboration with the Grants Manager to support the M&E component of grant projects and Better Fit Approaches under Output 4.
- Periodic contribution to the programme’s reporting requirements for example, Quarterly and Annual Reports
- Work closely with the Finance Dept and with the UK team to contribute to the production of Value For Money analysis. This may occur periodically as required by corporate reporting.
This is a challenging role requiring: at least five years of relevant M&E experience at a senior level; a good grasp of monitoring and evaluations principles, frameworks and tools; strong conceptual and technical skills to shape information gathering and analysis frameworks and reports; good data coordination and handling skills to cope with version control, data gathering timelines and reporting requirements; good leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate requirements to others and to enable their effective engagement in monitoring and evaluation procedures. Experience of M&E in DFID programmes will be an added advantage.
The Results Monitoring & Evaluation Adviser is also expected to stay up to date with current thinking and practice in monitoring and evaluation of development programmes.
Direct reporting will be to the M4D Team Leader. Technical supervision will be provided by the Technical and Results Director.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply for this role.