Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A retail manager’s role is to run a store successfully. Working on the shop floor, they are in constant contact with their customers and staff. Ensuring their staff give great customer service as well as dealing with the financial side of the store and people management.
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- promoting and marketing the business
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- preparing promotional materials and displays