The Senior Retail Marketing Specialist is responsible for setting up initiatives and an action plan in order to drive traffic to the stores he/she handles and to improve store
- Drives traffic to store & improves store profitability by creating operational in-store action plans to increase customer acquisition, retention, satisfaction, cross sell & up sell sales and services
- Implements marketing strategies & action plan given by Brand marketing manager to improve brand’s performance
- Is responsible for consumer knowledge, segmentation and lifecycle by country/city/store
- Supervises the execution of the marketing action plan of the local markets & analyzes results (Store events, direct marketing, promotions…)
- Optimizes service & in-store experience
- Defines action plan per store based on Mystery shopping and monitors it
- Develops sales force animation program
- Monitors Store KPI’s
- Reports to Brand Marketing Manager on store performance and related marketing KPI's
- ACTIONABLE CONSUMER AND SHOPPER INSIGHTS
- Uses all available data sources (including EDGE and BI toolkit) proactively to draw on existing knowledge, uses them to create holistic analysis and make recommendations that drive action in the business.
- Proactively identifies knowledge gaps and proposes action to fill them.
- Uses in depth understanding of the consumer and shopper to develop specific and relevant insights and customer segmentation.
- Actively uses consumer and shopper insights to contribute to idea generation for the brand, category or store.
- Demonstrates curiosity and is aware of the wider, long term consumer, shopper and industry trends.
- PERFORMANCE MONITORING
- Can perform analysis based the overall chain performance and propose measures tailored to the specific context: country, store, category, and customer.
- Can provide recommendations to support the brands performance
- Has in depth understanding of local and key international competitors, actively monitors their activity and proposes tactical actions against them
- Understands innovation encompasses all areas of business including new products, processes, services and technologies.
- Uses EDGE and other data sources to apply and adopt best practise learning in their own brand, category or store environment.
- Supports and contributes to EDGE by providing their own examples and inspirations from the external world.
- BRAND AND CATEGORY STRATEGY
- Can explain the consumer & shopper segmentation, Category triggers & barriers and growth drivers and uses them to contribute ideas that have the potential to drive growth.
- INTEGRATED BRAND COMMUNICATION
- Understands the target consumer, the different media choices and is able to contribute to insightful consumer and shopper touch point ideas.
- Has knowledge of the main principles that determine communication effectiveness. (impact, branding, message)
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- Has a strong understanding of the available digital options (mobile, social, search, video, gaming, e-commerce etc).
- REGIONAL BRAND ACTIVITY PLANS
- Coordinates and support the commercial team
- Uses intimate knowledge of local markets, providers, retailers, consumers and shoppers to tailor activity plans to maximize success.
- Drives the business through strategic priorities, but is able to protect the short term delivery of business targets through tactical activities.
- Delivers clear, comprehensive, specific and practical written guidelines for each key activity that drive consistent executions in store.
- Creates training manual specific to local store staff and their incentive programs and delivers the training, when necessary.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MARKETING
- Collects shopper observations from their store operation and uses Single Customer View and BI analysis to define actions that will attract new customers and old customers more often.
- Identifies the easiest and most effective ways to change specific shopper behaviour (trial, product or personal loyalty, cross-sell or up-sell) and exploits direct marketing techniques in store and with the staff to drive increased sales.
- Reviews store KPIs at a regular basis and adapt actions accordingly.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit in stealing ideas and exploiting competitors’ weaknesses to drive traffic in store and shopper purchase conversion.
- Ensures all initiatives and actions have a clear financial target quantified before implementing them and reviews all of them against their agreed commercial benchmarks.
- EXCELLENT IN STORE EXECUTION
- Oversee the merchandising, improve customer journey as well as brand visibility
- and work closely with commercial to improve brand visibility as per category management analysis
- Supports the work required in setting up and following all implementation guidelines.
- Proactively communicates insights and requirements to ensure all activities are appropriate and effective for the local market
- Is fully focused on improving business performance and proactively reviews other store initiatives to identify and adopt best practice.
- Uses key local relationships to better understand the trends and developments in local markets.
EDUCATION University Degree in Business or Marketing
Minimum 6 years of relevant experience, ideally in the Beauty sector.
Trade Marketing experience in a mature market (Europe, US, Canada etc) is a pre-requsitie for this role
LINGUISTIC SKILLS Excellent English is required, good level of Arabic is required, French is preferable
TECHNICAL SKILLS Proficient use of Power Point, Excel, Word