To implement and monitor the multiple Revenue Accounting processes to ensure that they are completed in a quality, efficient and timely manner as per the Revenue Accounting standards and outstation control framework. To contribute towards interim and year end audits in conjunction with Team Leaders and carry out a range of accounting activities to provide efficient support to Line Departments.
- Manage revenue processing/auditing unit or, in larger units, take responsibility for a process, e.g. flown revenue, Sales liability, Interline billing, receivables and expenses, revenue audit and the associated staff, (generally 7 to 10 employees). Ensure that these processes are accounted for accurately and in a timely manner, and reflect the correct values in the monthly Financial Statement.
- Identify the other Revenue leakage areas in the Revenue Accounting processes and ensure that corrective action based on type of discrepancy is taken so that the revenue of the company is protected.
- Perform completeness and integrity checks in RAPID/Oracle Financials and liaise with the other teams within the section to ensure that the closing disciplines and monthly deadlines are met.
- Identify the revenue process related discrepancies/reporting issues and ensures that they are escalated at the level as outlined in the Outstation Control Frame work.
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent with 5 years’ experience is preferred: graduate in a Commerce-related subject with minimum 2 years of experience in handling similar functions, preferably in an airline, in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge and experience in Revenue Accounting functions such as passenger fares, cargo rates, proration, interline billing, Airline credit card processing and expense vetting would be preferable.
- Practical experience in specifying and testing the Revenue accounting related system changes would be preferable.
- Ability to analyse and review in detail Accounting statements and reports.
- Proficiency in use of standard IT packages.
- Portuguese language fluency is an advantage