Manage and control the entire processing and accounting function for revenue related transactions through the RAPID system and process billings to/from external parties, so that all revenues, receivables and payables are correctly established and accounted for in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Revenue Accounts Manager
Schedule and co-ordinate the receipt and sorting of inward documents and oversee their distribution electronically.
Collect, collate and despatch documentation with proper supporting documents to all external parties: IATA, other airlines, credit card companies, postal authorities, GSAs, area offices, agents to complete the billing formalities efficiently.
Develop and maintain a monitoring system to measure team and individual output on a daily basis.
Monitor and analyse the teams output to identify reasons for being below target and take corrective action to improve the overall productivity of operations.
Identify and evaluate revenue accounting issues and provide recommendations to senior management for value added changes to the processes to ensure efficiency.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Experience, or post graduate in Accounting or Professional Qualification in CA, CPA, CMA.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the revenue accounting unit of an airline of which at least 3 years should have been in managing a large team.
- Experience of working with a large-scale revenue accounting system like RAPID.
- Advanced knowledge of passenger fares and cargo rates, passenger and cargo proration and passenger and cargo interline billing rules.
- Good knowledge of industry resolutions connected to ticketing and fare/rate construction.
- Knowledge of spoken Portuguese will be an advantage.