• To coordinate day to day works to the rigger and assist to them for any rigging /lifting activities.
• To prepare method statement /Rigging studies for rigging operations.
• To prepare Risk Assessment for rigging operation.
•To carryout periodic Inspection of all rigging hardware such as wire rope, web sling, spreader bar, shackles, chain block, body harness etc
• To study and prepare rigging plan before rig-up / erection of heavy lift equipment.
• To explain and enforce company rules and regulation, quantity and safety requirement and train subordinates in the correct method of doing their work.
• To organize daily planning of crane working area.
• To supervise and ensure the safe operation of cranes and forklift machines for the stacking, positioning and turning of loads, weight estimation and special lifts.
• To examine routine care and maintenance, fault analysis and safety of the machines in his charge.
• To maintain standard lifting gear conducting tool box talk to the crew.
• To maintain proper signals in actual lifting engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled, using hard signal or radio
• To supervise the cranes boom, accessories, maintaining the log for each crane, ensuring erection of barriers and safety sign board in respect to lifting areas. Attending company internal walk thru.
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineer.
• Must have an experience in Oil & Gas Industry
• 12 years total experience.