The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is a pan-African financial institution with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re is the leading reinsurance company in Africa and the
Middle East, with continental network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria),
Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Ébène (Mauritius),
Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt). The Corporation shareholding is split between African (75%) and Non-African (25%) investors. African shareholding comprises 41 African states, the AfDB and more than 100 African insurance/reinsurance companies from the 41 member countries.
Africa-Re announces the vacancy for the position of an Enterprise Risk Management Officer (Grade Level SS3) in the Department of Risk Management and Compliance.I. RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide necessary technical and administrative support to the department in ensuring effective performance.II. DUTIES/JOB DETAILS
- Assist in Risk data collection and analysis
- Support in the risk management processes
- Support in managing risk management software
- Assist in risk and capital modelling
- Support in monitoring risk exposure and compliance
- Assist in Managing business continuity strategy
- Generating and preparing risk reports
- Support in enterprise-wide risk sensitization and communication
- Support in coordinating rating exercises
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Management.
- Sound knowledge in data analysis and interpretation of financial statements;
- Very high numerical and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry
- Very good reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as proven writing skill
- Ability to multitask and proven fast-learning ability
- Very high integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build good and sustainable relationship with stakeholders;
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel tool and excellent skills in other MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- First University degree in relevant fields plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work-related experience with emphasis in a relevant discipline preferably in Actuary/Insurance/Reinsurance or other numerical disciplines.
- Relevant work experience Risks Management in a Reinsurance/ Company or Reinsurance Department of an Insurance Company or a financial institution shall be an added advantage.
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS3
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be nationals of member States of Africa Re;
- Candidates must not be more than 30 years old.
- Should be fluent in English Language. However, a basic knowledge of French language will be an added advantage ;
- JOB LOCATION
The successful candidates shall be based in Lagos (Nigeria).
VIII. PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested candidates for this positions are requested to visit the Africa Re website (http://www.africa-re.com/careersandtenders/page/49/current-vacancies) to complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.
Closing date for submission of applications: 30th June, 2016.