Working as a Rooms Division Manager, you will be responsible for the entire Front Office operation including Front Desk, Concierge, Telephones. Ensures high level of guest satisfaction as well as for the financial results of the department with a focus on controlling the expenses and ensuring maximum room revenues are achieved.
Reporting directly into the Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms), your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- To ensure timely, efficient & professional welcome and check-in is provided by all Front Desk Colleagues ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a high morale and productivity as well as good communication within the Front Office as well as between other departments.
- Develop colleagues, Team Leaders and Managers by delegating tasks and then empower and coach them making sure they achieve the desired results.
- Oversee the Maintenance and Configuration of the Opera system ensuring that input standards of profiles and reservations are correct, selling strategies are being followed and the system is “cleaned” from duplicate profiles and expired rates etc. on a regular basis.
- Monitor the level of service provided by the department (i.e. by analyzing the Guest Satisfaction Reports) and constantly working on improving it through investigation, analysis and corrective action.
- Prepare the departmental budget and put measures in place to achieve or exceed the budgeted profit.
- Work in partnership with Guest Services, Reservations, Sales & Housekeeping to ensure guest’s needs are determined and met in regard to room requirements.
Having completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in Hotel Administration or Business Administration, you must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years in a position of direct responsibility as Front Office Manager or within an international hotel chain. You must also demonstrate highly developed Rooms Management and Leadership skill set .
You will be a highly driven and motivated individual with a good knowledge and understanding of Rooms Division operations.
With a good command of the English language, verbal and written, you will also have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.