- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of his team.
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to works permits) as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance on scaffolding operations placed under his responsibility
- Manages day to day activities within his specific discipline
- Provides technical knowledge, expertise and supervision for Rope Access activities
- Verifies that all procedures, specifications, standards and legislation are followed
- Ensures works preparation before site works performance (risk assessment, techniques to be applied, rescue preparation, equipments preparation, checking/testing, backup devices, definition of anchors systems and points, rope and slings protection, lifelines when required, … )
- Follows performance of works on site (respect of rules, specifications, regulations and best practices)
- Responsible of QA/QC for his discipline
- Proposes alternatives to complex interventions
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques and participate, with his team, to first aid operations Akpo Fabric Maintenance Service Page 33 of 35
- Be able to give assistance for painting, piping, NDT inspection to other relevant disciplines when access to equipment/installation is complex
- Check intervention reports in and write the technical reports related to his activity field
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs
- In charge to manage, monitor and maintain the welding products & materials stored on site and ensures that all of these products & materials are in good conditions and free from defects – Replaces the unusable materials
- Ensures that the operations planned work scope is managed effectively in accordance with agreed targets to avoid disruption.
- Manages the specific team of technicians (IRATA level 1 & 2) If requested, identify additional resources
- Undertakes any other duties which may be required (within individuals Competency) to ensure in the smooth running of the operation.
- Ensures that all daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed as required.
- Ensures that plant, equipment and materials stocks are monitored, and all required certification is in place.
- Where required, assists with methods support and return information to the relevant representative.
- Identifies present and potential problems, reports and discuss and proposes solutions/alternatives
- Ensures awareness with KPI requirements
- Ensures that all members of his team have the relevant qualifications and certificates to performed the required works through a specific register (with qualification matrix and relevant certificates dedicated to each workers)
- Plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training by mentoring on site.
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor/ College Degree
- IRATA level 3 mandatory
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in rope access supervision
- Experience in oil and gas or related industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Experience and knowledge of painting and NDT inspection operations with related QA/QC aspects and qualifications when required
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage
- Drilling Operations, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production.