Summary of Functions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To carry out inspection of Structural Steel, Vessels and Piping.
· Coordinates Non Destructive Testing (NDT) activities and review of NDT reports
· Read and interpret the various drawings used in the projects for executing the work.
· Knowledge in preparation of test package and inspection test plan and QC procedures.
· To perform NDT as per job requirement as per request received from QC Inspectors.
· To evaluate and interpret the NDT results with respect to applicable Codes, standards, specifications and approved company procedures.
· To prepare NDT reports and certify the results.
· To demonstrate each NDT techniques to QC Engineers and Authorized Inspectors prior to performance on the job.
· To prepare reports for the demonstration of Techniques.
· To maintain the NDT equipment and instruments in good condition.
· To estimate the NDT consumables required for the type of work and to prepare request to purchase the consumables.
· To perform periodic verification of the calibration as per Code requirements.
· To coordinate with NDT subcontractor for other NDT requirements.
· Performs Nondestructive testing techniques and methods in accordance with the clients’ needs depending on the type of inspection required.
· Responsible for executing the tests using the procedures and methods to determine maximum quality of the product.
· Responsible for inspecting duties, organizes and generates reports pertaining to inspection and evaluation.
· Expected to prepare reports on all testing and evaluations done.
· Responsible for ensuring that the equipments used for testing are all functioning to its maximum and according to safety regulations.
· Responsible for endorsing the equipment to repair.
· Responsible for prioritizing job orders in terms of its cost and effectiveness.
· Familiar with inspection techniques.
· Capable of completing responsibility for work projects and conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation.
· Daily reporting about progress, non-compliance, technical queries and delay in work to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or Project Manager.
· Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2
· Hold an appropriate current First Aid certificate, to show an undertaken suitable emergency First Aid training.
· Troubleshoots any project problems; assures that equipment and materials are properly maintained for efficient operations; reports any process or equipment problems to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or Project Manager.
· Actively monitor the work environment for hazards; Identify and highlight possible risk on project. Monitor evaluates and ensures that all work is being carried out safely. Implement technical and safety requirements for the project.
· Attend all tailgate, team briefing, team debriefing and safety meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required.