- Full responsibility for technical leadership for the crucial activities focused on child health services.
- To bring technical expertise in child health, paediatric care and immunisation.
- To manage a key part of this programme, including all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- To drive ‘change management’ within the community.
- To engage and build external relationships, specifically within the local government organisations.
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Knowledge of child health, primary health care, immunisation services, and health systems strengthening.
- Understanding of the social, structural, and geographic barriers to child immunisation.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise and coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners.
- Understanding of ‘change management’ at service delivery level, including the sensitisation of service staff to client satisfaction and community engagement inputs
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partner organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with government officials, clinical health workers, and other stakeholders.
- Master’s in Public Health, health management or medical degree.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience improving child health service delivery in Africa, preferably Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience applying routine monitoring information and human resources management to the improvement (quality, scale) of health services
- Experience working with DFID funded programmes is a priority.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- The salary is supported with a competitive benefits package.