- Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work.
- This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed.
- As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
- The Roving Emergency Logistics Coordinator will lead or coordinate the set up or scale up of emergency response logistics functions and responsibilities and may supervise and manage logistics staff, under the supervision of the HPM.
- The role will include logistics support either to a medium sized country programme or to a particular emergency response or field base within a larger response.
- As such, the role may include remote management, management of remote field bases or direct line management of a particular logistics function.