You'll contribute to ending world hunger by
ensuring that mission safety & security issues are effectively addressed, thereby allowing project teams to focus on their work tackling the root causes of hunger in Nigeria. You will work closely with the Country Director, Field Coordinators & Logistics Coordinator on all aspects of the mission’s safety & security management.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Collecting & analyzing security information from a range of local & international sources, & representing ACF at security related meetings. Conducting risk & threat assessments whenever the context changes.
- Working closely with the Field Coordinators to define & evaluate the security rules & procedures for their projects & bases.
- Developing contingency plans to minimize each risk identified for the mission.
- Conducting safety & security briefings for all visitors & new staff when they arrive on mission. Ensuring that copies of all security rules & procedures are kept updated & disseminated to all staff.
- Coordinating and liaising on safety and security matters with all relevant actors such as national and international NGOs, UN, donor organizations and governmental authorities.