Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The job of a Safety Officer involves planning, organizing and implementing safety programs in compliance with state, federal, safety, health and fire codes. They are responsible for preventing dangers, accidents and safety hazards within a particular area, such as construction sites, hospital and so on
- Interpreting and evaluating compliance with safety codes;
- Developing, recommending and implementing health and safety policies;
- Reviewing construction plans for new or existing buildings to ensure compliance with safety codes;
- Coordinating with engineers, architects and construction team to discuss safety precautions;
- Monitoring safety inspection programs;
- Supervising activities of health and safety specialists;
- A successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or a related field.
- Must also have experience in environmental health, fire prevention, industrial hygiene, occupational safety or a related field.