As Managing Agent, CH2M HILL will assist ENEC in assuring the successful implementation of any Civil Nuclear Power Program introduced in the UAE through all phases, including program development beyond the conceptual phase. These responsibilities include implementation of owner’s responsibilities to comply with International Atomic Energy Agency recommendations, master program planning, and licensing and permitting associated with nuclear and support facilities.
· Monitor corporate safety indicators across the organization and propose corrective action wherever necessary to ensure sustained control over departmental areas of accountability.
· Evaulate physical risk, conduct analysis and treatment activities covering HQ, conduct investigations regarding accidents to determine their causes and make recommendations to prevent recurrence, and conduct health and safety audits and follow up on corrective actions in order to ensure compliance with ENEC standards & guidelines and relevant regulations.
· Provide input into development of appropriate training programs to educate all of ENEC's staff on health and safety systems and procedures, and conduct industrial safety induction and development training to ensure internal transfer of know-how.
· Assist in reviewing policies and procedures related to safety and implementation of prescribed standards across ENEC, and in the development and communication of non-nuclear emergency and disaster management action plans, in order to mitigate occupational hazard and risk.
· Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships.
· Follow all relevant departmental HSE policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions to ensure HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee's place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
The Safety Specialist will support the implementation of ENEC Health & Safety policies, programs, and procedures during the construction of the nuclear power plant in order to provide the highest level of safety to ENEC's employees, premises, assets, and the local and national community.
You should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Nuclear engineering and a desire to grow personally and professionally with each new Safety Specialist project.
Proficiency in MS Office
IT and software design skills
Exposure to power plant, oil and gas, utilities programs is preferred.