· Provide guidance on all process safety standards, guidelines & codes of practice in projects and operations (ASME, ASTM, BSI etc.)
· Develop policies covering health and safety control programs.
· Conduct technical process safety studies e.g. FEED Reviews, HAZOP, HAZIDS, SIL, LOPA, Design EER, Design safety case studies etc and maintain up-to-date database.
· Review project basis of designs coordinating with relevant operations and engineering departments.
· Lead the development of Safety Cases for all the companies facilities.
· Develop Risk Registers where needed and regularly conduct risk assessments to identify and control workplace hazards
· Conduct periodic safety audits and inspections of the company’s facilities and process vessels/ equipment
· Ensure safe systems of work are in place in all operations and review contractors HSE plans.
· Engage with process owners in Production, Drilling, Facilities and Logistics to assure mechanical integrity of process equipment & machineries standards are in place and being followed.
· Follow up on Management of change (MOC) on process plants/ equipment
· Review design basis of process facility emergency response systems
· Provide professional guidance, assistance and training to all health and safety personnel and general staff across a broad spectrum of Safety related topics as required or needed.
· Investigate incidents or trends, make an analysis and submit a report along with recommendations to management.
· Review all accident reports and assure that the necessary corrective actions have been applied without undue delay.
· B.Sc Chemical/ Process/MechanicalEngineering, Masters in Process Safety will be an added advantage
· Process Safety Management (PSM) certifications, NEBOSH, SIL, LOPA, HAZOP, FPSO and Project Management
· At least 15years work experience in oil and gas offshore and onshore operations.With a minimum 5 years’ experience as a supervisor or manager.