Applications are invited for a Safety Work Package Owner post within the Safety Integration Department in OBU1. The post will holder will manage all safety case and safety case development activities on new safety aspects, Periodic Review tasks, supporting infrastructure and administrative work streams, working within the Nuclear Propulsion Systems Operational Business Unit Safety Integration Department. The primary programmes relating to this post will initially be the Shore Test Facility, and Vanguard Class submarines in LOP(R), although opportunities may arise to work across a number of other safety case programmes.
In all aspects you will be accountable for the delivery performance of contract work scope.
- You will be required to establish, agree and disseminate customer requirements in conjunction with, and to the satisfaction of the NPSA Programme Director and the CFBU Chief Engineer.
- You will be required to apply and disseminate the work packages which will be represented in the generation of a technical work programme.
- You will be required to interact with the customer (MoD) and other external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of work packages to satisfy associated technical requirements within time and cost constraints, and be responsible for the planning, monitoring and controlling of technical programmes across all areas of the business within the boundary of responsibility, including technical liaison with the CFBU Programme Manager. You will also be responsible where appropriate for integrating multiple outputs to provide coherent work package deliverables.
- You will act as the prime engineering and programme interface between the OBUs and the CFBU to ensure control and management of the overall work packages.
- You will provide programme and technical leadership and comply with the Engineering function's policies throughout the lifecycle of the work package.
- You will agree and commit to the project management/business plan and develop statements of work.
- You will communicate the plan and budget for delivering the work on time to ensure delivery of the plan.
- You will ensure programmes of work are managed within the prescribed technical programme management and quality management processes.
- You will ensure appropriate resources are deployed, directed and coordinated.