General Summary: The role of a sales administrator is to deal with incoming customer enquiries and assisting the sales force with daily sales administration activities.
Sales administrators provide essential support for the sales team. Sales administrators are responsible for the efficient handling of sales orders, and they help to improve the productivity of field sales representatives by dealing with customer queries and fielding calls. This important position contributes to the quality of customer service and the achievement of sales targets
● Sales administrators play a key administrative role in supporting the sales team and provide an important link between the salesperson and the client. Sales administrators provide support for sales representatives when they are away from the office. They take calls or from customers and alert representatives to any urgent issues.
● Processes all sales-related paperwork (Sales Order, Delivery Notes, Sales Return) and arranging appointments for sales representative to visit new and established customers
● Specific responsibilities include dealing with invoices, chasing up overdue payments and monitoring ongoing orders.
● Sales administrators maintain records of sales and compare them with targets to help sales managers and representatives monitor the team's progress. They also record and process sales representatives’ expenses, such as parking fees, transportation or hotel accommodation.
● Sales administrators enter details of the order on a computer system and forward the order to the production or logistics department, asking for confirmation of stock availability or delivery dates. They also check that delivery and contact details are correct and update customer records with any changes. Before they release the order to production or dispatch, they must check the customer’s payment or credit status or obtain authorization from the sales manager.
● Make sure that defective products are replaced within 3 days
● Communicating sales and marketing information to the customers
● Contributes to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding customer service
● Call customers regularly to determine service delivery by the sales representative. Maintains detailed call activity reports and provides them to the sales director on a regular basis
● Provide customers with professional, informed advice on the product range.
Recognise the opportunity to cross sell other Graceco products
●Ensure that customers commission letters and statements are sent before the 10th of the month.
- Degree in marketing or social science courses
- 3-5years experience in marketing
- Flair for marketing and driving sales
- Logical and analytical reasoning
- Must be able to work with little supervision