- Work to achieve annual sales target by planning and executing a sales strategy for the territory.
- Develop strong relationships with education and trade customers through personal visits and email and phone correspondence.
- Maintain a home office. As the company is a global company, be available for conference calls outside of regular office hours. Sales support is provided by an Inside Sales Rep, located in India, to make appointments, uncover leads, and follow through on samples, orders, etc.
- Travel regularly to meet with customers throughout the territory.
- Prepare a strategic territory sales plan twice per year, using a company-provided template.
- Quickly master and become fluent on a large catalog of educational print and digital material, reference, and trade books
- Conduct and/or coordinate sales presentations and customer trainings as required, in person or via webinar.
- Prepare for and attend exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local and international promotional opportunities.
- Use Salesforce.com to record sales opportunities, closed business, and customer contact information
- Demonstrated interest in education and reading, with education background preferred: ex-teacher/administrator or experience working for an educational distributor/publisher.
- Demonstrated desire to partner with customers to solve their problems.
- Business background. Understands the concept of profit (as revenue minus costs). Demonstrated ability to negotiate and compromise without caving in (win-win).
- Digitally proficient: in addition to knowing Microsoft Office, demonstrated interest and proficiency in using social media, web research, or other applications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English (and local language, if appropriate)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to adapt to different personality types
- Excellent presentation skills using iPad, PowerPoint and/or other tools such as WebEx.
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong team and customer oriented skills
- Self-confident, flexible, and able to adapt to different people and situations.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, organized and able to prioritize work flow and meet deadlines