Our client is one of the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. The company creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children’s books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. The Company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks, and the Company’s Internet Site.
Our client's International segment includes the publication and distribution of products and services outside the United States by the company’s international operations, its Export and Foreign Rights businesses.
The company’s Export business sells print and digital educational materials and children’s books to schools, libraries, bookstores and other educational and book distributors in over 140 countries that are not otherwise directly serviced by its subsidiaries.
The Export group has been a significant driver of growth within the International division, and seeks a Sales Representative to design and implement a sales strategy in these key growth markets for the parent company.
- Work to achieve annual sales target by planning and executing a sales strategy for the territory.
- Develop strong relationships with education and trade customers through personal visits and email and phone correspondence.
- Maintain a home office. As the company is a global company, be available for conference calls outside of regular office hours. Sales support is provided by an Inside Sales Rep, located in India, to make appointments, uncover leads, and follow through on samples, orders, etc.
- Travel regularly to meet with customers throughout the territory.
- Prepare a strategic territory sales plan twice per year, using a company-provided template.
- Quickly master and become fluent on a large catalog of educational print and digital material, reference, and trade books
- Conduct and/or coordinate sales presentations and customer trainings as required, in person or via webinar.
- Prepare for and attend exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local and international promotional opportunities.
- Use Salesforce.com to record sales opportunities, closed business, and customer contact information.