Manages sales and marketing function of the company’s products and services within a defined geographic area, province or country. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long- term sales and earnings and communicates such effectively to management team and direct reports.
· Collaborates with the Accounting department, Business Development Managers and heads of other products and services areas in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
· Manages an assigned geographic sales area and product lines to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
· Establishes and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel.
· Oversees relationship management with client base from sales and marketing perspective in collaboration with the Business Development function
Details Of Function
· Performs sales activities (from lead generation through close) and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with Accounting department, Business Development Managers and heads of other products and services areas
· Develops and implements agreed-upon Sales & Marketing Plan which will meet business goals of expanding customer base and to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products and services.
· Works towards the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
· Manages personnel and develops sales and sales support staff.
· Reviews progress of sales roles throughout the company.
· Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
· Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers.
· Collaborates with Accounting department, Business Development Managers and heads of other products and services areas to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all services and product lines.
· Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
· Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
· Collaborates with Accounting Department to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
· Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
· Holds regular meeting with sales staff and management team.
· Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
· Manages Account Executives within and outside of regions
· Collaborates with Business Development Managers
· A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred; or
· A minimum of seven years of related experience or training in Sales, Marketing or Customer Relationship Management function; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
· Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
· Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
· Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Suite is required.
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time (Domestic and International Travel)
· Possesses an International Travel Passport.