Recognize the needs of the consumer and provide detailed information to the consumer about the technical specifications of the computer hardware/software offered by the company.
Investigates new items and makes recommendations for purchasing products.
Checks inventory to ensure orders are in stock.
Takes orders over the phone and in person.
Advises customers on technical matters and recommends appropriate computer configurations.
Solicits information about computer needs from customers.
Negotiate price for the sale.
Provide technical support after merchandise is purchased.
Construct sales pitches and presentations.
Travel to areas where needs are projected.
Stay abreast of market trends.
Assist with the company helpline.
Serve as a customer service rep for customers who have questions or difficulties.
Demonstrate product features before a sale.
Respond to pre-qualification questionnaire or information to tender document.
Negotiate a commercial agreement.
Help customers maximize the use of software features.
Advise on appropriate user training.
Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers' systems and processes.
Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing software, hardware systems and peripherals.
- Explain benefits of products to potential clients.
- Entice clients to purchase products.
- Negotiate prices and complete sales.
- Record sales and send invoices.
- Market and sell the product.
- Create products that solve clients' problems.
- Assist clients with installation and questions that arise after product is in use.
- Serve as a liaison between the client and their company.
- Perform market research and analyze purchasing needs.
- Identify and develop new products.
- Make engineering jargon like program specs and technical requirements easily understood.
- Answer technical questions and provide advice.
A BSc degree (or HND) 2nd class upper division in computer science/engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years related industry experience (computer hardware, copiers/printers preferred) but other high tech industry experience will be considered
- History of success (prior sales experience, grades, part time employment, internships, awards, etc). Effective customer relations. A driven, decisive, organized and results oriented approach.
- A strong knowledge of document imaging products and general office computing.
- Presentation, organization and interpersonal skills that set you apart.
- PC hardware and software expertise is required.
- Experienced salespeople will be requested to provide details about their successes.