- Manages sales of the MSION’s product/s and services within defined geographic regions of Nigeria Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales representatives/personnel and MSION resources.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
- Collaborates with SMD in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company
- Manages an assigned geographic sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet set targets / objectives.
- Establish and manage effective schedules and programs to coach, appraise and train sales personnel
- Performs sales activities on major accounts (Key Accounts and Tender Business) and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with SMD.
- Manages sales personnel and develops sales and sales support staff and review progress of sales roles throughout the assigned regions.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams for assigned regions
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all MSION’s product/s
- Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity and performance and advice management on when to apply ‘carrot’ (motivate) or the ‘stick’ (fire) a representative.
- Oversee SM MSION’s resources deployed in the regions to ensure efficient use and stable sales results
- Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of planned new and emerging products
- Train reps on improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales and marketing support
- Proper management of reps’ expenses.
- Collaborates with SMD to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses
- Holds regular meeting with sales staffs and collate reports from reps for management use.
Qualification / Experience (Essential)
- University Degree in Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, and Nursing.
- MBA in marketing will be an added advantage.
- 7 - 10 years of sales or related experience or training in pharmaceutical or health care / NGO sector
- Proven experience and ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- A valid driver’s license.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance
- Ability to manage a high level workload and meet tight deadlines
- Able to organize large scale events.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Proactive; ability to work on one’s own and as an integral part of a team; problem solver
- Confident and professional
- Analytical focus - strong detail orientation and numerate
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders; sensitive to a multicultural environment and the communications needs that accompany these
Work as One MSION:
- You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximize our ability to influence others.
- You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
- You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures
- Show courage, authenticity and integrity.
- You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate
- You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks
- Develop and grow.
- You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective
- You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date
- Deliver excellence, always
- You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the center of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role
- You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSION ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only):
- You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction
- You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline
- You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team
- You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others
Msion Core Values:
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
- Client centered: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.