- Formulating and implementing the sales strategy for Client to ensure achievement of commercial goals and Channel development / execution.
- Deliver the annual sales targets for the organization & measure the sales initiatives of the sales force on an ongoing basis and realign where necessary to assure value add.
- Formulate and maintain an optimal route to market to ensure that customer requirements are met with regard to supply of products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicates the sales vision, objectives, strategies, tactics, sales plans, profit target, route-to-market, focus and priorities to achieve the annual net sales, distribution, in-store presence, sales budget expense, freshness targets.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to increase distribution across all channels to maximize the availability of Client products at every point of sale.
- Build and design an effective sales organization based on company direction for current and future business growth
- Develop local Distributor sales management capabilities & route to market.
- Lead in crafting distribution contracts to achieve win-win agreement for both business partners and Client.
- Lead the Demand Review process that seeks to evaluate periodic performance, evaluate sales assumptions and changes thereto and come up with reliable demand plans.
- Maintain peer relations to secure the support required for effective performance of the sales force. A close working relationship with the P & O (HR), S & F, Marketing and Supply Chain department is critical.
- Education & Professional Qualification
Holds a University degree and preferably a qualification in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
10 years minimum sales management experience covering general trade and key account management
- Experienced in sales operations and cross-functional effectiveness
Level of role, Critical MLCs and Competencies·
- People Leader
Key Supporting Competencies
- Able to deal with Ambiguity
- Strong Business Acumen
- Proven Strategic Agility
- Good Process Management skills
- Able to Build Effective Teams
- Strong Drive for Results
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills
- Function Financial Management
- Execution & Measurement
- Leveraging Insights
- Route to Market Optimization Skills