The Sales Executive Leisure is responsible for proactively soliciting, managing and contracting sales opportunities within assigned segments, industries and territory in UAE for Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. Exceeds personal and team related revenue and room night goals.
- Understands the overall Abu Dhabi and Dubai market- and competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business negotiate and sign contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, etc.
- Frequently organize sales calls in Abu Dhabi and Dubai to strengthen and develop customer relationships- focus on new accounts and travel agencies.
- Effectively develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for future sales opportunities.
- Continuously focuses on improving Guest Satisfaction to create customer loyalty and increase market share
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Maintains a central and up-to-date file of all rate sheets, offers and any promotions.
- Updates the ‘Reports’ folder and follow ups with the Resorts to ensure Director of Sales and department heads has access to the latest set of reports
- Coordination of report monthly submissions such as Room Night Production Report, Monthly Sales Activity Report, etc.
- Assists Director of Sales & relevant sales team members with the preparation of regular sales reports prior to weekly groups and revenue meeting
- Assists Leisure sales team in the development, maintenance and implementation of key sales processes
- Assists the team with general correspondence, emails, presentations and administrative tasks
- Keeps an up-to-date track of all activities/projects completed and ongoing in the department
- Maintains an up-to-date and highly effective filing system
- Maintains an up-to-date and highly effective tracing system
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 5 * environment, preferably in the UAE
- Excellent English language skills, additional language is desirable
- Ability to acknowledge and respond to customers requests promptly and adequately
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Hotel Management or business school degree