To ensure that the Arabian Adventures (AA) brand, products and services are recognised in the region/market assigned, and more specifically, our tour operators and suppliers are fully versed in the products offered so they can confidently promote and sell our brand. This can be achieved through collating and analysing market intelligence for use by AAs senior management team and presenting and implementing short term product and business development strategies in liaison with the Business Development Managers that will support the company's overall long term plans.
- Honours Degree
- 5 Years + experience in the travel and tourism industry, with three years in a sales and or marketing capacity.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the travel industry including the workings of tour operators, DMCs, international markets, leisure suppliers as well as working knowledge of the functions of travel trade organisations and government tourism bodies.
- Knowledge of destinations covered by AA is advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Applications and company provided software. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, project and Presentation skills.
- Strong negotiating skills, with ability to communicate with external suppliers and customers, to balance the needs of customers and that of Arabian Adventures.
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Should be able to be a self motivated team player, pro-active, flexible and well-groomed, capable of understanding 'the bigger picture' and actively contributing to the result.
- Flexibility to work additional hours outside regular office hours in order to reach departmental deadlines.
Excellent use of the English language, both written and spoken.