- In this role, the employee will be responsible from Ultrasound Business in Africa Zone.
- The role holder will be managing the activities of first-line sales managers, modality employees and activities of Sales Specialists.
- Also, this position is responsible for attaining sales objectives for their geography, managing the direct sale of the organization's products or services in the respective geographic region.
- Directly managing Sales Team in a specific channel sales region.
- Select, train, and develop personnel to optimize effectiveness.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies to drive organic growth in the Equipment Sales market
- Cultivating and leveraging customer relationships at the executive level
- Development of long-term customer relationships through the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
- As a member of senior leadership team ensuring seamless teamwork with the Service and other functions to provide total customer satisfaction.
- Deploying resources to meet financial / operating objectives including orders, revenue, contribution margin, and base cost control
- Manages a team of 40 direct and 1 over 1 reports
- Responsible for personnel decisions in conjunction with Human Resources & Legal as appropriate
- Ensure all direct reports have approved annual Goals & Objectives and receive an annual performance appraisal based on these goals & objectives
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int'l Law is broken.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int'l Law is broken
- Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 12 years of consultative sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
- Previous experience successfully managing high volume sales
- Strong communication skills to synthesize complex issues and communicate into simple messages
- Willingness and ability to travel within your specified geographic region
- To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Previous experience managing sales professionals
- Minimum 12 years Healthcare capital equipment sales experience
- Prior experience working for a large company in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization