- The Sales Manager, will be responsible for managing business relationships at a senior level with customers , to identify opportunities for growth and increased revenue for Main One as well as improve the customer experience. He will manage existing relationships with customers, understanding their business model and market to be able to assist in the development of strategies that will enable both Main One and the Customer to grow and succeed.
Specifically, the Sales Manager, will:
- Engage and interact with decision makers at a senior level to identify new and emerging business opportunities for Main One.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with these decision makers to understand the Customers’ strategic direction and explore opportunities for Main One to gain a larger share of the Customers’ wallets.
- Lead, implement, and communicate the sales strategies and coordinate the action plans.
- Manage the execution of team sales plan to achieve sales targets as defined by Main One.
- Be the primary contact person for accounts, planning and managing the overall business relationships between them and Main One.
- Bring to bear own knowledge and experience of selling in the telecoms sector on the team, defining and implementing developmental strategies that will support the growth of the team and generate increased revenue for the company.
- Drive results through others, manage team performance, set clear expectations, and hold team accountable against business metrics.
- Oversee efforts of the team on accounts by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
- Provide to the Line manager with the necessary sales reports, budgets, sales plan, and market analysis.
- Co-ordinate with relevant technical teams such as Transmission and IP Engineering team to ensure timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
- Work with other support teams such as Technical Sales, Legal, Finance and Service Delivery to resolve any customer queries or problems in a timely and effective manner in order to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge of the sector’s sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Understanding of local markets, customers and competition in order to target needs and drive sales.
- Ability to grow the business, with proven success of client return on investment.
- Strong ability to uncover new revenue opportunities and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Strategic self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and an ability to organize, prioritize, and clarify deliverables.
- Ability to make business and people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to balance it with moving with speed to achieve results.
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Proficiency in MS Office Productivity Tools
- Experience in selling bandwidth capacity, Internet services products or telecommunications products
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and result-oriented.