• Manages sales of the company’s IT products and services within a defined geographic area.
• Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel.
• Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and company earnings.
• Collaborates with Management in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
• Manages an assigned geographic sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
• Establishes and manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with management.
• Manages personnel and develops sales and sales support staff.
• Reviews progress of sales roles throughout the company.
• Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
• Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products.
• Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
• Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
• Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
• Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers in client organisations.
• Develops sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
• Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
• Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
• Collaborates with management to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and expenses.
• Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
• Holds regular meetings with sales staff.