Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Group Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance, regular sales calls, entertainment and sales trips/tradeshows.
Support goals, objectives, and philosophies of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.
Develop lead sources through prospecting, solicitation, referrals, trace files, and cold calls.
Conducts site inspections with prospective and existing clients.
Develops and implements new sales strategies, tactics and action plans for account base.
Coordinate and financially manage sales trips, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market.
Maintain active membership in industry related organizations and associations pertaining to the specific market.
Assist other sales and catering managers and refer group and catering leads and other sources of business for hotel through active solicitation of account base
Attend Sales Meetings, office events, and hotel-sponsored functions.
- Prepare for and attends daily sales meetings, weekly sales & marketing meeting and other meetings as necessary.
- Responsible to submit weekly sales report to the Director of Group Sales.
- Maintain and update current account information in Opera and hard files.
- Involvement in industry Functions and/or trade shows, FAM visits and Industry Events.
- Support and perform to Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Company Sales and Marketing Standards.
- Assist with any other duties as requested by supervisors and management.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree and/or Hotel Management degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years experience in 5 star hotel sales. Additional experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
Good understanding of luxury market
Possess or attain affiliation with leading industry Association within three years of hire/taking position
Candidate must have valid drivers license
Ability to travel on regular bases and work flexible hours and days.
Knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.