The purpose of this job is to execute commercial strategies for selected GSK brands to pharmacies and develop unique and sustainable competitive advantage in order to achieve annual sales targets. The scope of this job will span across the Pharma (Rx) and Consumer (Cx) businesses.
1) Conduct all business activities in accordance with the rules, product compliance procedures, sales and trade policies as outlined in GSK standard operating procedures.
2) Build and maintain professional relationship with Pharmacists at retail pharmacy level so as to ensure advocacy for GSK products and achieve set objectives in assigned territory.
3) Manage product recommendations at retail pharmacies in assigned territory.
4) Manage order placement and ensure stock delivery on time and in full (OTIF).
5) Monitor outlets’ specific sales trend and ensure product availability to minimise out of stock situation.
6) Maximize daily visit in line with “beat the plan” program to fully optimise rep productivity.
7) Record management: establish and maintain record of daily sales transaction using available sales tools.
8) Continuously improve knowledge on the GSK products and its competitors. Report competition activities and promotions.
9) Communicate, in line with GSK guidelines and principles, new product launches, marketing initiatives and promotions.
10) Arrange product display and in-store merchandising to achieve visibility for GSK products.
11) Manage negotiations within the existing trade policies in line with compliance guidelines.
12) Communicate recommended pricing structure within pharmacy channel.
13) Carry out market intelligence and champion anti-counterfeit surveillance.
14) Work in accordance with product compliance procedures, sales and trade policies.
15) Manage product damages and return in line with SOP.
16) Achieve set annual value and volume sales target for the assigned territory through optimal sales activities.
17) Conduct efficient planning for sales activities and customer contact frequency in the assigned territory.
18) Manage a portfolio of pharmacists as customers, while keeping an updated customer record and implementing key business drivers in the assigned territory.
19) Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
20) Provide timely, accurate and detailed market intelligence report on adverse event reporting of GSK products, fake and counterfeit and also competitor’s activities report.
21) Consistently look for new market/business opportunities in pharmacies within assigned territory.
22) Timely completion of key administrative tasks as required by line manager (e.g. monthly report, expenses etc)
23) Focus selling efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
24) Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
25) Build & maintain relationship with pharmacy outlets towards the achievement of set objectives in a territory.
26) Maximize daily visit in line with “beat the plan” program to fully optimise rep productivity.
27) Continuously improve knowledge on the GSK products and its competitors. Report competition activities and promotions.
28) Arrange product display and in-store merchandising to achieve visibility for GSK products.
1) A good first degree
2) At least two (2) years work experience (minimum) as a sales representative for large or medium sized pharmaceutical/FMCG company
3) Negotiation experience, especially with distributors, wholesalers, and retail pharmacy owners.
4) Experience engaging pharmacy cooperatives.
1) Knowledge of sales techniques and closing skills.
2) Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3) Proficient in commercial mathematics.
4) Professional demeanor and customer service skills.
5) Territotry management
6) Product knowledge and strong presentation skills.
7) Abilty to build and maintain client relationships.
8) Motivation for sales.