• Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in specialty area. • Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better. • Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers. • Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry. • Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings. • Work closely with and support account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C-level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts. • May focus on growing contractual renewals for mid size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals. • Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development. • Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization. Scope and Impact: • May coordinate internal & external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale. • Establishes relationships with customer/partner at all organizational levels; able to interface with senior levels in internal and external groups. • Assigned average or higher size quota. • Account size ranges; may work in a Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied sales cycle.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge required.
- Typically 5-8 years advanced sales experience required.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Excellent project management skills.
- Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings.
- Understands how to leverage HP's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Understands and sells high value software solutions
- Understands selling of services sales.
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.