The Sales Supervisor is to assist the Sales Manager in leading, directing and motivating the sales team in order to achieve the overall corporate sales objectives.
- Assist the Sales Manager in formulating and implementing the sales strategies.
- Assist in generating sales opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets. (both Local Purchase Order (LPO) and Retail Bulk Sales)
- Assist the Sales Manager in providing a Professional and excellent level of Customer service with existing and new customers.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of the Sales Representatives.
- Assists the Sales Manager by completing all assigned duties.
- Handles customer issues and communicates escalated issues to the Sales Manager.
- Recommends changes to current sales techniques or procedures based on team performance and new selling techniques.
- Generating sales reports for management decision.
- Makes sure all sales employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Delivers positive feedback, employee rewards and customer recognitions programs to employees.
- Monitors calls, provides feedback to Sales Representatives and assists them on sales % and quality assurance goals.
- Conducts appraisals for Sales Representatives.
Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting policies, and helping resolve work-related problems.
The candidate must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Proven success in sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in sales of oil and gas products.
- Good negotiating skills and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to work in intimate and transparent collaboration with the project and technical teams.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities.
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual.
- Good leadership skills.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc degree in any relevant course
- Minimum Five (5) years Sales/Commercial experience.