Job Reference Code:
Summary of Functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate with Head, Project Managements/Engineers, owners’ representatives, other trades supervisory staff as well as internally in the department with work preparation, fabrication and materials control.
• Provide back up to his foreman/charge hand with resources from shop, other trades, as the case may be.
• Ensure all safety requirements for those reporting to them and processes under their supervision are complied with – raise occurrence reports and safety infringements in case of noncompliance.
• Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas of the project – on board, jetty, shop.
• Stop processes if they do not meet specified requirement, raise Occurrence reports and approve satisfactory completion of any rework that may be necessary.
• Motivate the team for optimum performance, monitor the performance and provide continual appraisal of all subordinates.
• To communicate upwards – training needs, process improvement suggestions, and follow up on implementation.
• Have the ownership of success or failure as the case may be, on their projects.
• Maintain all Management system and production records.
• Prepare target and progress reports.
• Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.