Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The primary function of the school guidance counselor is to provide a comprehensive competency-based counseling program focused on the learning, personal/social and career/vocational needs of all students.
1. Adhere to and support board policy, school guidelines, administrative rules and directives.
2. Make him/herself available to all students seeking guidance and counseling services.
3. Advocate on behalf of the student and/or his/her family. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
4. Facilitate outreach efforts to provide services to students, parents/guardians and staff.
5. Connect students, parents/guardians and staff with specialized referral agencies.
6. Understand, evaluate, and interpret academic performance data. Interpret information about students to the student, their parents/guardians, and staff.
7. Implement individual and group counseling methods that are appropriate.
8. Conduct career and educational planning activities.
9. Participate in in-service activities promoted by the district.
10. Submit required reports promptly and accurately.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by Building Principal or District Administrator.
Interested candidates must have minimum of Ond. in guidance and counselling From a reputable higher institution, must be smart and intelligent. Professional qualification will be an added advantage. Note: LAGOS RESIDENTS ONLY