Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Psychologists study the human mind. Their research helps us understand behavior, memory and mental health disorders. Through counseling and experimentation, psychologists work to promote safety, understanding and good mental health.
• Provides one-on-one counseling with students, either upon suggestion from a teacher or based on individual observation.
• Diagnoses mental health or behavioral disorders, when applicable.
• Determines any necessary course of treatment, which may include sessions with a therapist outside of the school setting.
• Creates curricula or after-school programs that aim to help with student development, including mental, emotional, and physical health.
• Oversees and develops special education program at elementary and junior high school levels.
• Assists in the assessment of new students and places them in the appropriate courses.
• Instructs and advises other faculty and staff on the best ways to interact with a wide variety of students.
• Acts as a liaison between a variety of different parties, including students, teachers, administration, parents, and outside therapists.
B.Sc/B.Ed in Psychology or a related field