- To develop the overall local operational strategy and direction for the local Sea Freight Forwarding teams in accordance and alignment with the country strategy.
- Advise on key decisions pertaining to the day-to-day activities for the Sea department, consulting with senior management when necessary.
- Oversee locally the development of new Sea Freight business, including the commercial policy and future strategic business direction.
- Ensure that financial management, billing and invoicing, and reporting for freight is carried out in accordance with requirements. Also, to ensure that costs are booked correctly
- Reporting for the Sea Freight department is carried out in accordance with requirements.
- Approve staffing recommendations to ensure sufficient and adequately experienced human resources are in place locally to carry out the agreed business objectives in all areas of freight activity.
- Ensure that all freight staff is trained on the information systems and that they are using them correctly to support the needs of the business.
- Supervise on documentation handling.
- Take care key accounts.
- Monitor sea freight performance.
- Manage human in sea freight division.
- To oversee and manage operational excellence for the Sea Freight Operations.
- To actively engage in operational problems with a view to find workable solutions.