To effectively manage the resources of Secondary Manufacturing Department to manufacture cigarettes, according to production plan from Supply Chain, satisfy all performance targets measure through KPI attainment and adopt and implement Continuous Improvement activities to drive manufacturing efficiencies
The Cell Manager manages a team of 3 direct reports and 55 indirect reports.
- Deliver performance targets as per KPI given on: Volume, OEE/Uptime, Quality, Waste and Conversion Cost
- Adopt, generate and Implement Continuous Improvement on SMD floor to drive performance improvement.
- Design, implement and manage a good house keeping system that will ensure that SMD floor is kept clean all the time.
- Compile daily reports on performance at the Shop floor and Shift-log and ensure their availability for information to all concerned management and staff
- Assesses technical ability of all staff and develops plans to address areas for improvement
- Ensure that team performance targets are delivered as per KPI given.
- Ensure that the required number of staff to man the shift is recruited / trained and optimally deployed across the different section of the shift.
- Ensure that all staff activities contrary to rules of their engagement is caution through HR instruments regularly
- Keeps Secondary Manufacturing Manager abreast of departmental technical/ technical people issues
- Builds cordial relationships withOEM’s staff on the floor, technical staff within shift, across shift and across departments.
How we will track your performance
- Month on month improvement in machine uptime and quality.
- Highly trained and motivated technical workforce.
- Robust systems in place to monitor key performance indicators
- Good working relationships established both internally and with OEM