Basic Function of the Position
- As Secretary, the incumbent will also serve as the Administrative Assistant in the Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office. S/he provides a wide range of administrative assistance, secretarial, and other support services to the entire HPN Office of 24 staff and USAID/Washington staff who work in Nigeria on short term technical visits.
- The job holder has an assigned workload consisting of a mix of administrative assistance, program/project support, financial support, and backstopping work in the HPN Office.
- This position manages the in-city, in-country, and international HPN travel portfolio by making travel arrangements and organizing travel documentation for HPN Office staff - and other travelers as required.
- S/he assembles and prepares background data and materials for appointments, meetings, and conferences as requested, in addition to arranging for and providing logistical support for meetings and conferences.
- The incumbent maintains up-to-date calendars, trackers, and contacts lists for the HPN Office.
- S/he maintains well-organized, user-friendly files - in accordance with prescribed USAID formats, where applicable.
- The position holder is the HPN time keeper.
- S/he takes notes at meetings and distributes them in a timely manner.
- The incumbent receives visitors to the embassy and routes them to the appropriate staff member(s) and/or meeting venue in a timely manner.
- S/he arranges appointments for HPN office staff and others, as requested.
- The position holder prepares responses to routine or non-technical correspondence, in addition to routing incoming correspondence to the appropriate staff member(s).
- S/he tracks documentation through the USAID clearance process.