The Secretary General (SG) hires and supervises any paid office staff of the chamber, subject to approval by the board, and coordinates all volunteer office workers to execute the directives of the board of directors and the National President.
• The SG shall be responsible for the maintenance, security and proper recording of the organizations records and assets as required by law and made available as when required by authorized persons; including items loaned, rented or hired.
• He shall act as custodian of minutes, updating resolution and ordinance books in accordance with retention, and oversee filling minutes of any meeting and in an appropriate filling system.
• He shall attend all meetings of the company; represent the organization in external events where necessary and as directed by the board.
• The SG and/or any member of the staff of the chamber as he may direct shall be made available on request to committee chairmen to be secretary to any committee or sub-committee.
• He shall maintain company committee member lists for: Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Education/Literacy Workforce Development Committee, Military Affairs Committee, Legislative Affairs Committee, Membership/Small Business Committee and other committee meetings as required
BSc or Msc in a Business Management, International Relations or any related field.
A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
Trainings/ Certifications on external affairs is an added advantage