Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
· Organising, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs);
· Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
· Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
· Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies;
· Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
· Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
· Taking responsibility for the health and safety of employees and managing matters related to insurance and property;
· Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
· Maintaining the register of shareholders and monitoring changes in share ownership of the company;
· Paying dividends and managing share option schemes;
· Taking a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers.
· Monitoring the administration of the company's pension scheme;
· Overseeing and renewing insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises;
· Entering into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers;
· Managing office space and property as well as dealing with personnel administration;
· Overseeing public relations and aspects of financial management.
Minimum of HND in any field
Candidates will need to show evidence of the following:
· The ability to communicate and work well with people at all levels;
· Attention to detail and a well-organized approach to work;
· The ability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills;
· A diplomatic approach and the confidence to liaise with high-profile company staff and board members;
· Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information;
· An interest in, and understanding of, business practices and corporate governance.
· Strong customer service, verbal and writing skills necessary; knowledge of computers and office equipment and machines